1. Jani | 14/09/2007 | English
Ok, this is a classic little exercise but always as much fun. smiley

It's a little similar to the "mseesd up lrttees in wdros" in that it helps you understand how your brain works. Scary, really, that so much happens against our best efforts. I first thought it's easy until I realized I was doing it the wrong way, hehe. smiley Try to go over the words below but don't read the word - just say the color!

(Hmm... the xihalife logo covers some text so here you go: Your right brain tries to say the color but your left brain insists on reading the word.)
 2. Nick | 14/09/2007 | English
Ha, seems not easy at all!!
 3. Arja | 14/09/2007 | English
In english it wasn't easy at all, but when I thought it in my own language it was much easier. smiley
 4. Wen | 14/09/2007 | English
I guess if people who don't know english would be EVEN easier!! Just say the colors... hahasmiley
 5. Ricky | 14/09/2007 | English
smileyHi ! I tried it twice and It wasnt that difficult at allsmiley...In English!!!...I have a better Idea... there is 18 words try doing it them in 12 seconds without missing once...now we are talkin...hahaha smiley...ciao!smiley
 6. Jani | 14/09/2007 | English
Hehe... sounds good Ricky.  I actually thought it was easy too but I was in fact doing it wrong. If you're really doing it so fast and doing it right, I guess you're either super smart or you keep thinking in Spanish when you do it... or both. smiley
 7. Janessa | 21/09/2007 | English
wen: I guess if people who don't know english would be EVEN easier!! Just say the colors... hahasmiley
true...smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
 8. Janessa | 21/09/2007 | English
It's really much harder than the "mseesd up lrttees in wdros"...
 9. Janessa | 21/09/2007 | English
i guess the left brain is dominant...
 10. Janessa | 21/09/2007 | English
that's probably a good thing...
 11. Nolan | 20/10/2007 | English
This is very easy for me. I have preferences to left side and right side.
Street fights-left
Writing-right
Kicking-ambidextrious
I'm special?
 12. Bingo | 20/10/2007 | English
Maybe you are just weird...
 13. Nolan | 20/10/2007 | English
I doubt it.
 14. Janessa | 22/10/2007 | English
 15. Silvia | 08/11/2007 | English
This is really difficult, when you´re thinking in english... not impossible, though... especially if you do it slowly... but I agree... if you focus on thinking in another language, then it gets really easy!!
 16. Janessa | 08/11/2007 | English
i can do it fairly fast.
 17. Samie | 08/11/2007 | English
I find it harder to say the colour
words, no problem at all, but i really get messed up when I'm trying to think green when it says yellow XD
 18. Agatha | 09/11/2007 | English
I guess the right side of my brain dominates...i had no trouble at all
 19. Jani | 10/11/2007 | English
It seems all of the Chinese who replied to this topic feel that it's really easy. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you need to learn thousands of complicated characters to be able to read and write Chinese so simple word play like this is a piece of cake? Or perhaps that it's easier when your brain is actually not really thinking in English. I find it difficult to read them quickly and say the color. Somehow when I see a word, I just tend to say what it says.
 20. Agatha | 10/11/2007 | English
Thats an interesting observation Jani...although I have to say that unless it is very subconcious...I don't ever think in Chinese..
Next page
You're reading Xiha, the world's number one international community. Click here to sign up and join the crowd!
Login now, or sign up for a new account.
or Connect with:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Reply: say something?The language of this topic is English. My reply language:
smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
Problems with the text editor? Make sure to use the latest version of your web browser. If you still have problems, you can try using the old text editor: Toggle editor
Upload a photo